Here's the final pattern in my taking-a-break-from-sock-knitting streak. It's based on a stitch pattern that I attempted to make socks from last summer, but ultimately ended up frogging due to lack of swatching (too small to go over my heel) on my part. I still really want to knit socks with this pattern some time, but for now I'm contented with this cute cloth pattern.
Many thanks to the wonderful and helpful ladies over at the Ravelry Dishcloth Weekly Knitalong group, who have been unknowing guinea pigs for the pattern today!
.
Harmony Lace cloth
US sz 7 needles
Worsted weight cotton yarn - I used Peaches & Cream in Teal Blue, which came home from Holly's with me 2 weeks ago.
Directions:
Cast on 46 stitches. I use long-tail CO for cloths, but use whatever you like.
Starter Row : Sl1KW (slip one stitch knitwise/as if to knit), K across to last stitch, P1
Repeat this row 3 times.
Row 1 (Wrong side) - SL1KW, K2, Purl to last 3 stitches, K2, P1Row 2 (Right side) - SL1KW, K1 (K1, YO, K4, K2tog, SSK, K4, YO, K1) across 3 times, then K1, P1
Knit these 2 rows 22 times, or until your cloth is about an inch shorter than you'd like it to be. I did 25 and think it's a tad too tall.
Knit Row 1 once more.
Knit starter row 3 times, then bind off.
3 comments:
i love that pattern and the color! beautiful!
what is frogging? i think the pattern is lovely!
The pattern worked up beautifully, but the sides of my square are too tight and so pull the cloth out of of square. If i make it again, i would forgo the prettier edge made by the slipstitch and knit every first stitch.
Post a Comment