Friday, September 5, 2008

So sad...

I got the heel turned on my Lucy Sock yesterday, and then tried it on - or rather, I tried to try it on. Sadly, it would not go up over my heel, so it's gone to Frogdom. I did get a picture of her before her burial though, isn't she gorgeous? That's the stitch pattern from Odessa, which I just loved combined with Lucy's spiral pooling. After a sufficient mourning period (i.e. the time it took me to dig out new yarn), I started on another pair. These will be for Dillon's 10th birthday, which is the 18th. He turned his nose up at the Frog Guts socks, so I was at a loss, thinking I knew his tastes so well. Ended up picking a few yarns out and letting him pick which he liked best. He chose a Lang Jawoll faux-Fair Isle type yarn in greens, and I turned the heel a few hours ago. I'm hoping they'll be a quick-knit, because I'd really like to finish his Black Ice Hoodie before then as well. That's a long-shot, but I think it's do-able if I just step away from the socks once his Decade Socks are finished. :)

Ok, off to take D to soccer practice, and hope that the rain holds off until it's over. Must remember to take the biiiig umbrella with us. There's another younger brother there who is a year older than Lucas, and the two of them love to hang out together.

2 comments:

Quiet Raine said...

green fake-isle decade socks... that's my kind of sock. ;) Good taste Mr. D.

Hilary said...

That is so pretty! What a bummer it didn't fit :(