Sunday, February 3, 2008

One more time

I finished the second Wavy Gravy hat last night, this time made with Patons SWS in Natural Plum. I really like that way it turned out with my modifications to the pattern - I went up a needle size (used 9s) and added 12sts to the cast-on number, making another horizontal pattern repeat. I used the whole ball, but after trying it on, I don't think it's long enough, so I'll have to find someone to send it to.

I have one more ball of SWS left, I think (unless there's more hiding that I have forgotten!) in the Natural Green color, and I might try this hat again with that, only making the purl rows (except the first few that make the brim lay flat in garter) into knit rows, as I don't much care for the way it looks, especially when you start decreasing for the crown.

Note to self for YSG - Helmetliner weighs 1.5oz w/needles in, before restarting on it today.