Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No time like the present

Today is New Year's Day, and I spent a few hours enjoying knitting time with some great friends at my LYS, the Knitter's Nest. I turned one friend on to Ravelry, so hopefully I'll see her online there within a few weeks. Last night before dinner, I cast on for a helmet liner to send to a group who collects them to send overseas to the troops. Eleventy-six inches of 2x2 ribbing later, and I'll be able to move on to the rest of the pattern - I have 74 trillion to go. Well, another inch eally, but it feels neve-ending. Punctured the tip of my left thumb in the process - these Options are damned sharp, which is great, but apparently I need to use more hand lotion, as my hands are so dry this time of year. Oh well. Lessons learned, life goes on.

1 comment:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Punctured your left thumb? I always manage to puncture my left index finger, and i have a callous there to.

I miss knitting group. With Deb's work and school schedule, it's been just impossible to get around with the one vehicle. She has 6 more classes left. Woot!